I’m a BIG FAN of slow cooked beans at home. They’re loaded with protein and a great addition to any meal. Or in today’s case, over rice by themselves because this recipe was THAT GOOD!🔥
Every few months, I do a large crockpot of either black or kidney beans. I eat on them for a few days and freeze the rest to defrost here and there for a yummy side dish during the week.
I also love adding a meat to mine. Today it was some Italian pork sausage that I had defrosted in the fridge. Other times I’ve done ground beef, bacon, andouille sausage, or even chicken thighs. Get creative with what you’ve got in the fridge!
And to make these double protein beans, I added Kettle&Fire bone broth. I used the chipotle beef flavor which was incredible. It absolutely up-leveled the flavor of the dish👌🏼 Use the code PUMPANDCRUNCH at checkout here to get 20% off of your bone broth.
Now, let’s make some beans!
- 1 cup kidney beans (or any other dried bean - no need to pre-soak)
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cayenne pepper (*optional)
- 2 cartons Chipotle Beef Flavor of @kettleandfire bone broth
- Spice blend: 1/4 tsp each of salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, & cumin
- Add all ingredients to your slow cooker/crock pot and stir to combine.
- Cover and lock the lid and cook on low overnight or for 8-10 hours during the day.
- Serve how you like! I used the juice and served over rice as shown in the photo above.