The start of a new year brings changes, adjustments, and maybe even shifts in how we live our lives! I’ve had a ton of people reach out to me in 2019 for more vegetarian and vegan recipes. Ask and you shall receive! While I am a meat eater, I definitely love a vegan recipe every now and again. And this one is amazing! I whipped up a batch of these VEGAN QUINOA AND CHICKPEA BURGERS yesterday that will fuel me for the rest of this busy week.
These burgers are super easy to make and contain only a few ingredients. The hardest and longest part is cooking your quinoa! When cooking quinoa, I usually do a 2:1 ratio – 2 cups water to 1 cup quinoa. It comes out perfect every time. It’s so funny, because I’ve NEVER been able to cook a perfect pot of rice. Seriously. Not joking with you guys. I can’t cook rice. It either comes out mushy or undercooked. I’ve tried stove top, crock pot, rice cooker, pressure cooker. EVERYTHING AND NOPE. I’m cursed lolllll.
Good thing this recipe doesn’t call for rice! Only quinoa, and quinoa tastes better anyway, let’s get real. Can’t wait for you guys to try these! YAY.
Let’s Get Cooking!
Vegetarian Quinoa and Chickpea Burgers
- 1 Cup Cooked Quinoa
- 1 Can Chickpeas
- 1/3 Cup Almond Meal
- 1 Egg (or flax egg to make vegan)
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 Tsp Minced Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric
- 1/4 Tsp Paprika
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions. Remove from heat and add to a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Drain, rinse, and lay chickpeas on a paper towel to dry. Pat firmly with another paper towel to dry chickpeas. Add to a separate mixing bowl.
- Add chickpeas to a food processor or high powered blender and pulse until crumbs form. Remove and add to quinoa.
- To the same food processor or blender, add egg (or flax egg), almond meal, seasonings, olive oil, and vegetables. Blend until a smooth sauce forms. Add it to the chickpeas and quinoa.
- Mix together well and form into patties.
- Heat a skillet on medium and add a drizzle of olive oil.
- Cook burgers for 5 minutes per side.
- Remove from heat and serve ’em how you like ’em! YUM!
If you love these Vegetarian Quinoa Chickpea Burgers, you’ll also love my Vegan Jackfruit “Carnitas” Tacos, Vegan Ginger Cashew Stir Fry, Buffalo Cauliflower Bites, or Vegan Butternut Squash Mac n “Cheese”.
Yours In Health,