Jump to recipe
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 pound cubed butternut squash
- 1.5 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 16 oz brown rice pasta (shape of your choice)
- 8 oz shredded (good quality) cheddar cheese
- Salt & pepper
- Add olive oil and minced garlic to a pan over medium heat.
- Sauté garlic for 2 minutes, until fragrant, then add cubed butternut squash and vegetable broth.
- Bring to a simmer and cook until the squash can be smashed easily with a fork.
- Add 2 cups coconut milk and either add to a food processor or use a handheld immersion blender to pulse the mixture until smooth.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Once done, reserve 1 cup pasta water for later. Drain pasta.
- While pasta is cooking transfer sauce back to the sauté pan. Add shredded cheese and a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- Return pasta to the pot, pour over the cheese sauce, and toss together. If it's too thick, slowly add in some of the pasta water to thin it to your preference.
- Top with cracked black pepper and serve!