Every Monday night, I go live on Instagram and FaceBook for a walkthrough of a new recipe! It’s different every week and last night on #CookingWithCail Episode 4, we made TEX MEX SALMON BURGERS! Easy as pie (why do we say that), but tastes like fish, duh because it IS fish. I crack myself up sometimes…. lolz. Anyways, what makes these salmon burgers tex mex, you might ask? Homemade pico de gallo, of course! If you missed the live steam, no worries because I’ve posted the recipe right here for ya!
Tune in every MONDAY evening at 6pm Central Time on FaceBook and Instagram LIVE for the walkthrough of a new recipe weekly! Send me ya favorites, and they might appear on the “show” 😉
Let’s Get Cooking!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 4 people
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1.5 lb Slab of Fresh, Wild Caught Salmon, chopped into 1″ cubes
- Juice of 1 Large Lime (or two small Limes)
- 1/2 Cup Tomatoes, finely diced
- 1/3 Cup White Onion, finely diced
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Green Onions, chopped
- 1 Jalapeño, seeded and finely diced
- 1 Tbsp Cumin
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Paprika
- 1/4 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 Tsp Nutmeg
- In a blender or food processor, add 1/2 the chopped fresh salmon cubes and press the “PULSE” button 3 times.
- Add the rest of the salmon into the blender, stir well with the already blended half, and press the “PULSE” button 3 more times.
- Add salmon to a mixing bowl along with the rest of the ingredients (except the coconut oil). Mix well and form into 4, 6 oz. patties.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add coconut oil. Cook patties about 1-2 inches apart for about 6-7 minutes per side.
- Remove from heat and dress them how you like your favorite burger!
I ate mine just the patty over a bed of shredded cabbage as an alternative to a bun! Topped with more fresh cilantro, because cilantro is literally my favorite thing in the world. I was planning on adding some avocado to the top, BUT mine aren’t ripe yet. Such a bummer – they’re all hard as rocks. Next time I make these, I’ll be sure to have a ripe avocado on hand to dress up these babies. I’d love to see how you dress yours! What’s your favorite way to eat a homemade burger?
If you enjoyed this recipe, post a photo and tag @PumpAndCrunch on FaceBook or Instagram 🙂
Yours In Health,