Jump to recipe
I haven’t had okra in a hot minute, but I had some at a 4th of July party I went to this week and immediately had to make my own at home!
It’s so simple, fresh, and delicious.
- 1 pack fresh okra
- 1 Tbsp Avocado Oil
- 2 Tbsp grass fed butter
- 1 tsp garlic, grated
- Lemon juice
- Slice your fresh okra in diagonal chunks, add them to a hot skillet with avocado oil and grass fed butter.
- Cook them for about 10 minutes, shaking the pan every 2 to 3 minutes to get a nice char on all sides. Cover the pan between shakes.
- Cook until your desired texture is achieved.
- 2 to 3 minutes before you are ready to serve, I added about a teaspoon of grated garlic to the pan, plus some more butter and salt.
- Finished it off with the squeeze a fresh lemon.
SHOP THE POST