Jump to recipe
Today, we are simplifying & “healthifying” this traditional (bomb) recipe! I’ve been so busy these days, the only thing I have the time or energy for is something quick as heck. And that is this meal right here!
- 1.5 lbs chop stew beef
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Broccoli florettes
- Sauce ingredients: 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 2 tablespoons honey, 1 tablespoon sesame oil, 1 tablespoon rice vinegar, and a pinch of black pepper to taste. Whisk and add to the beef along with 2 tbsp water.
- Start by sautéing white onion in 1 tablespoon of sesame oil.
- When the onion is softened, should take about 3 to 4 minutes over medium heat, add chop stew beef. Brown for 2 to 3 minutes into the onion while you make the sauce.
- Whisk sauce ingredients and add to the beef along with 2 tbsp water.
- Once everything is mixed, reduce the heat to medium/low, cover the pot, and cook for 45 minutes to an hour. This is going to allow the beef to break down and get super soft.
- Check it after about 30 minutes to make sure the sauce is still juicy. If your pan dries up, add another splash of water and reduce the heat even lower.
- Once you meet is fork tender and nice and soft, add a few handfuls of broccoli florettes on the top of the beef and recover the pot for 5-8 minutes.
- The steam will cook the broccoli until your desired texture then toss everything together.
- Served over rice and enjoy!
SHOP THE POST