Jump to recipe
Gluten free and most definitely NOT dairy free, but damn this is good. Perfect for a special dinner at home!
PS. This recipe makes a whole pan!
- 1 lb gluten-free elbow pasta
- Gluten-free bread crumbs
- 2 cups starchy pasta, water
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup gluten-free flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Boil gluten-free elbow pasta. Reserve 2 cups of the starchy pasta, water, and set aside. Strain the noodles and set aside.
- Melt butter in a pot then add gluten-free flour, salt, and black pepper and whisk together well to form a roux.
- Add milk and starchy pasta water and continue to whisk.
- Shred sharp cheddar cheese (have this ready beforehand) and add to the pot. Whisk everything together until combined and the cheese is melted.
- Add the cooked elbow noodles to the cheese sauce and combine. Transfer to a baking dish and top with gluten-free breadcrumbs and flakey sea salt.
- Bake at 400Â° until the sides are bubbly, and the breadcrumbs or golden brown.
- THEN SERVE!
- ***Note: once youâ€™ve added the noodles to the cheese sauce, taste and see if you need more salt and pepper.
SHOP THE POST