Jump to recipe
This meal feels “gourmet” but in reality, took less than 20 minutes to throw together. I also remembered AFTER I shot this video that I forgot a pretty important ingredient… EGGS! I’m adding them to the recipe but they’re not shown in the video. How dare I forget the eggs!
Let’s make it!
20 Min Easy Pad Thai
- SAUCE: 2 tbsp sesame oil, 2 tbsp rice vinegar, 2 tbsp fish sauce, 4 tbsp soy sauce, 4 tbsp peanut butter, 3/4 cup water, juice of 1 large lime, & red pepper powder (to taste).
- Sesame Oil
- 2 diced shallots
- 1 diced jalapeño
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- Steamed edamame peas
- Steamed bean sprouts
- Toppings: peanuts, cilantro, Thai Basil, and fresh lime.
- Whisk together sauce ingredients. This recipe also makes a lot of sauce but I saved a bit and re-poured some on my pad Thai when reheating the next day.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook your pad Thai noodles until Al dente (this helps them not fall apart & stick when sautéing). Drain, rinse well with cold water, and set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp sesame oil in a large pan or wok and add diced shallots and diced jalapeño. Cook until tender.
- Add ground chicken & brown completely.
- Add butter, minced garlic, and minced fresh ginger. Sauté 1-2 minutes until it’s smelling BOMB.
- Add the Al dente noodles and as much of the sauce as you’d like to the pan and sauté for 5 minutes to let everything combine.
- This is when you’d add some scrambled eggs to the mix and I also added steamed edamame peas & bean sprouts. Toss and plate!
- Top with your favorites - I did peanuts, cilantro, Thai Basil, and fresh lime.
SHOP THE POST