Immediately add this recipe to your next weeknight dinner menu!
It’s so simple, but the flavors are incredible. I had seen versions of the soup floating around the Internet here and there and decided to play around with my own version. It came out so much better than I expected and I hope you love it as much as I did!
Let’s make it!
Creamy Lemon Chicken & Rice Soup
- 6 chicken thighs
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 1 head of celery, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 cups Kettle & Fire chicken bone broth
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- Seasoning: 1 tbsp Italian seasoning, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tbsp salt, 1 tsp black pepper
- Fresh dill
- Brown chicken thighs in avocado oil for 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add white onion, celery, and garlic cloves to the same pot. Cook 5 minutes, until softened, scraping the bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add the chicken back in along withKettle & Fire chicken bone broth (code PUMPANDCRUNCH20 on their site for 20% off your bone broth!) and a homemade spice blend.
- Stir, cover, and simmer over medium heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Next, add eggs, lemon juice, and cooked white rice to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- After the soup has been simmering for 15 to 20 minutes, reduce the heat to low, pour in the egg mixture, and stir to combine.
- Remove the chicken thighs and shred with two forks, then add back to the soup along with another cup of cooked rice (more or less if you want) and two big handfuls of spinach.
- Simmer another five minutes until the spinach is softened and serve!
- Top with fresh dill and dig in. It’s so good!
- If your soup gets too thick, add more chicken broth. Same goes for when you reheat it, add a splash of broth or water, and it should help to thin it out.
SHOP THE POST