YES, YOU CAN have your favorite guilty pleasures without any harmful ingredients!
I’ve always pride myself in the desire and love to eat healthy food, but in today’s world – it’s not just about eating fruits and veggies. It’s about the INGREDIENTS that are in your food (in my opinion).
About 2ish years ago, Mark and I decided to convert as much as our household consumables as we can info nontoxic, clean brands with great ingredients. We’re doing this for our long term health.
I am also on a mission to show the world that healthy eating is not boring. It’s exciting, and just as tasty (& EASY) as your favorite restaurant.
Today I’m showing you guys how to make an absolutely divine spicy chicken sandwich straight from home. It’s a 10/10 y’all !
Here’s how to make it…
Health-ified Spicy Chicken Sandwich
- Chicken thighs or breasts
- Wet ingredients - 1 egg, 1 tbsp @primalkitchenfoods Buffalo sauce, 1/3 cup milk
- Dry ingredients - 1 cup GF flour, 1 tsp Cajun seasoning, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Avocado oil
- Coleslaw ingredients- 1/4 cup Primal Kitchen mayo, 1 tbsp organic Dijon mustard, 1 tbsp pickle juice, and a pinch of salt & pepper to taste; 2 cups shredded cabbage
- Sauce ingredients- 1/4 cup Primal Kitchen Buffalo sauce & 2 tbsp honey.
- Pickles (optional)
- Whisk wet ingredients and keep in a bowl.
- Whisk dry ingredients and keep in a separate bowl.
- Use either chicken thighs or breasts! If using breasts, I cut the end off to make a round “burger” shape so it fit better on the bun.
- Coat the chicken in the wet mixture, then the dry mixture.
- Heat 1 cup organic avocado oil in a skillet on medium/high and once hot, cook the chicken 5-6 min per side, until the internal temp reaches 165F. Transfer to a paper towel.
- Make the coleslaw by tossing all ingredients together.
- Make the sauce by whisking ingredients together.
- Toast some buns, add pickle chips (I used @wicklespickles) , your homemade slaw, dunk the chicken in the sweet buffalo sauce then add it to the sandwich.
- DIG IN & MAKE A MESS!! It’s the only way to enjoy this baby!
SHOP THE POST