Jump to recipe
When you have a pack of seaweed that’s been staring at you for a while and it’s breakfast time…
YOU MAKE A BREAKFAST SUSHI BURRITO
Yes, this is probably the most random thing I’ve ever made. But it worked! Enjoy!
Breakfast Sushi Burrito
- Seaweed paper
- Sushi rice
- Kombu (optional)
- Breakfast sausage
- 4 eggs
- Greens of choice
- Rice vinegar
- Hot sauce of choosing
- Cook sushi rice per instructions on packaging. I added a piece of Kombu seaweed in mine for extra flavor.
- Once rice is cooked, add in a splash of rice vinegar and mix. Set rice aside in a bowl of ice to cool or place in freezer for 5-10 minutes until cooled off.
- While rice is cooling, add breakfast sausage into a skillet and cook through and set aside.
- Then add 4 eggs to the skillet and mix them while they cook.
- Now it is time to assemble your sushi burrito! Place your seaweed paper down and add a layer of rice. Then add your green of choice (I used a chard leaf but would have used spinach if I had it), followed by your eggs and finally your sausage.
- Roll burrito and top with any hot sauce of your choosing!
SHOP THE POST