Jump to recipe
This recipe is a MUST! So hearty and delish – great for the holidays too! Enjoy!
Short Ribs & Cauliflower Mash
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 3 carrots, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 4-6 short ribs
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 4 cups @kettleandfire beef bone broth
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 bag frozen cauliflower
- 1 cup @kettleandfire chipotle beef bone broth
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp milk
- Brown the short ribs in the olive oil.
- Add all chopped veggies to the pot with a pinch of salt and pepper and cook until softened.
- Add tomato paste and stir into the veggies.
- Add bone broth, browned short ribs, and fresh herbs. Stir and bring to a bubbling simmer over medium/low heat for a few hours until the meat is falling apart 😍
- SIDE NOTE I wanted to use a dry red wine also, but didn’t have any. If you have wine on hand, alter the recipe: 2 cups red wine, 2 cups broth
- Once ribs are cooked, take out the herb stems. Remove ribs. Blend sauce. Add ribs back in.
- Add cauliflower & chipotle bone broth to a pot and simmer until cauliflower is fork tender. Add butter, milk, & spices and blend.
- Serve cauli mash, short ribs, & some sauce. BOOM!
SHOP THE POST