Today I got wild in the kitchen and played around with some locally grown, specialty mushrooms out of Austin, TX by @smallhold ✨
I know for some, mushrooms are definitely a hit or mess, but the specialty umami blend were so flavorful, meaty, and top-notch delicious. If you’re looking to step outside of your comfort zone in the kitchen, this recipe is a great place to start! I got my @smallhold organic mushrooms from @wholefoods in the product dept!
Here’s what how to make this UMAMI SHROOM PEANUT STIR FRY 😍🤯
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger
- 1 box Small Hold uami blend mushrooms
- 6-8 stalks asparagus
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- Lotus Foods gluten free Udon Rice Noodle
- Peanut sauce: 1.5 tbsp peanut butter, 1 tbsp sesame oil, 1 tbsp rice vinegar, 1.5 tbsp soy sauce - and add to the rest of the ingredients
- Cilantro (for garnish)
- Add 2 tbsp sesame oil to a large skillet or wok and turn heat to medium/high.
- Finely mince 2 tbsp fresh ginger and add to the oil. Sauté 1-2 minutes.
- Wash and roughly chop mushrooms and add to the ginger. Sauté 8 minutes every 2-3ish min, until you get a nice crisp on the edges of the mushrooms.
- Remove ends and chop stalks of asparagus and slice red bell pepper, add to the mushrooms. Cover and cook another 5-8 min.
- Boil noodles - once done, strain and add to the sautéed veggies.
- Whisk together peanut sauce and add to the rest of the ingredients.
- Toss well, serve, garnish with cilantro and sesame seeds, and DIG IN.
SHOP THE POST