Jump to recipe
- 1 tbsp olive/avocado oil
- 1 lb grass fed ground beef
- 1 white onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1.5 tbsp Italian seasoning blend
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 24 oz jar of your favorite marinara sauce (I used Rao's)
- 3 cups chicken/beef bone broth/stock (I used Kettle&Fire)
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 9 oz lasagna noodles (I used gluten free lentil & brown rice pasta)
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- Add oil and ground beef to a large pot over medium heat. Cook until beef is fully browned. Remove from pot and set aside.
- In the same pan, add diced onion and garlic, and sauté 5 minutes, until soft and transparent.
- Add all spices, marinara sauce, broth, crushed tomatoes, and the cooked ground beef to the pot. Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, open the lid and crack the raw lasagna noodles into the pot. Stir well, cover, and cook another 12-15 minutes, until noodles are tender. Stir a few times within this 15 minutes to make sure the noodles don't stick together.
- In a small bowl, mix together ricotta and shredded parmesan cheese.
- Serve lasagna soup and top with a glob of the cheese blend and a spinkle of parsley.
- Enjoy immediately while it's nice and hot!
SHOP THE POST