Jump to recipe
GREEK CHICKEN BOWLS that will make your taste buds explode and your belly very happy.
I made a version of this for my meal prep clients a few weeks ago, and they raved over it! So here ya go SQRLS. Make this one at home! It’s so dang easy.
THE KEY: Heavily season everything.
This also requires barely any cooking. The chopping and prepping is what takes longest. So if you’re feeling nervous to get in the kitchen, this one is a great place to start!
- 5-6 chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 lemon
- 1 cucumber
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 purple onion (*optional)
- 1 small red bell pepper (*optional)
- 5 oz (~ 1/2 cup) plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- Shredded lettuce
- Cooked brown rice
- Black olives (regular or kalamata)
- Feta cheese
- Spices: Salt, black pepper, garlic powder, dried thyme, dried oregano
- Marinade the chicken - Chicken thighs, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, juice of half the lemon, and a generous pinch each of all spices. Toss and set side.
- Make the salad - Chop tomato, 1/2 cucumber (remove seeds), 1/3 bell pepper, and 1/2 purple onion and add to a bowl. Add in 1 tbsp olive oil and a pinch each of all the spices. Toss and set aside.
- Make the tzatziki - Add Greek yogurt, juice of other half of lemon, other half of the cucumber (seeds removed and cut small), and a small pinch of salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Mix and set aside.
- Grill the chicken - Add to a pot skillet and don’t touch them for 7 min. Flip and cook another 7 min. That’s how you get the crispppppp. Remove from the pan, slice, and set aside.
- Assemble the bowl - Add lettuce, brown rice, chicken, salad, feta chz, olives, and tzatziki sauce.
- BOOM! SO MUCH FLAVOR
SHOP THE POST