Jump to recipe
- 3-4 chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 lime, zested & juiced
- 1" piece of fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 tbsp chili garlic sauce
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup green onions, the whites, chopped
- 1/2 cup peeled, salted peanuts
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions, the greens, chopped
- 1 cup basmati/jasmine rice
- Chop chicken thighs into bite-sized pieces and add to a mixing bowl along with sesame oil, coconut sugar, lime zest, lime juice, minced ginger, chili garlic sauce, chopped whites of green onions, and a generous pinch of salt. Stir and set in the fridge to marinade for 15 minutes.
- Cook rice according to package instructions.
- Bring a medium sized pot of water to a boil and add a generous pinch of salt. Chop broccoli into florets and drop in the boiling water for 3-4 minutes. Transfer to a bowl of ice water for 5 minutes. Strain and set aside.
- Add marinated chicken to a large skillet and cook for 10 minutes, until chicken is fully cooked through and the sauce is bubbly. Add fresh minced garlic, peanuts, and cooked broccoli florets. Combine and continue to cook an additional 5 minutes. Season to taste.
- Serve stir fry over 1/2 cup cooked rice and top with fresh cilantro and greens of the green onions.
SHOP THE POST