Jump to recipe
Click here to get 20% off my favorite bone broth from Kettle&Fire with special code PUMPANDCRUNCH at checkout!
- 1 small baking pumpkin
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 medium white onion, peeled and diced
- 1 lb organic grass fed ground beef
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp fennel seed
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tbsp cumin
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes
- 6 cups Kettle&Fire Beef Bone Broth
- 3 cups tortellini pasta, of choice
- 4 cups chopped kale, stems removed
- 1 cup milk, of choice
- Remove the top of a small pie pumpkin and scoop out all the seeds and "guts".
- Coat the inside of the pumpkin with 1 tbsp avocado oil, nutmeg, and a pinch of salt.
- Place the pumpkin on a lined baking sheet and bake at 400F for 30 minutes. Once done, remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- To a large pot, add 1 tbsp avocado oil and diced white onion. Cook over medium heat until the onions are browned and transparent.
- Add the grass-fed ground beef, 1/2 tbsp salt, black pepper, fennel seed, dried oregano, and cumin. Brown the beef fully.
- Add the tomato paste, crushed tomatoes, and Kettle&Fire Beef Bone Broth. Combine well. Bring to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add your favorite tortellini noodles and cook until tender. This should take about 5 minutes.
- Once the noodles are tender, add the chopped kale and milk. Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, and simmer for the final 10 minutes. Season to taste.
- Serve in your pumpkin bowls and ENJOY!