Jump to recipe
Anyone can roast a chicken! It is easy, delicious, and can feed you for the whole week!
- 1 whole chicken
- 1/3 stick of butter
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 onion
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled
- Place raw chicken in an oven safe dish.
- Add the butter to a microwave safe bowl, with the lemon juice and all seasonings. Microwave for 30-45 seconds to melt. Stir to combine.
- Pour the lemon butter sauce all over and inside the chicken. Make sure the chicken is fully coated in the sauce (can use a cooking brush to help coat the chicken after sauce is poured on).
- Take your lemons (after you’ve squeezed out the juice) and stuff them inside the chicken cavity with the onion and garlic cloves.
- Bake the chicken at 425F for 60-75 minutes.
- After about 45 minutes, remove the chicken and brush it with the sauce from the bottom of the pan - this is how you get crispy, golden skin.
- Add back to the oven and continue baking until the internal temp of the chicken is at 165F.
SHOP THE POST