The annual PUMPKIN BOWLS are back!
This year I made one of my favorite soups to go in them – potato leek!
Potato Leek Soup in Pumpkin Bowls
- Small Pumpkins (1 per person)
- Olive Oil
- Seasoning: Nutmeg, salt
- 3 leeks
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 2 potatoes (roughly chopped)
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 C andouille or smoked sausage
- 6 cups of Kettle & Fire Beef Bone Broth
- Remove the top from the pumpkin and scoop out all the seeds and guts.
- Drizzle a bit of olive oil and seasoning on the inside of the pumpkins.
- Put the lids back on and bake at 400° for 35 minutes.
- While the pumpkins cook, start on the soup.
- Remove the green part and ends from the leeks. Slice in half and wash the dirt out of them (they’re always pretty dirty).
- Thinly sliced one large white onion.
- Add everything to a pot with a splash of olive oil and garlic cloves and cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes, until the veggies are soft.
- Once the veggies are soft, chopped potatoes, andouille or smoked sausage, and Kettle & Fire beef bone broth.
- Cover the pot and simmer the soup for 30 minutes, until potatoes are very soft.
- Use a handheld mixer to blend about half of the soup, season to taste, and serve in your pumpkin bowls!