When food I make is really really good, my boyfriend Mark says it’s “super hot fire”. And this breakfast is definitely in that category.
The brand of chorizo I buy is called Beeler’s Pure Pork and I find it in the freezer section at HEB here in Houston, TX.
It is so incredibly flavorful and ingredients are extra clean. I definitely recommend it if you’re looking for some options for additional breakfast proteins.
- Pack of chorizo of choice
- Potatoes, diced
- Beef bone broth
- Onion, diced
- 4 eggs (1 egg per serving)
- Add the chorizo to a skillet and cook it about half way.
- Add some tiny diced potatoes, and a big splash of beef bone broth . This helps keep everything juicy.
- Turn the heat to medium, cover the pot, and cook about 10 minutes until potatoes are soft. Stir about halfway through.
- Beat eggs in a bowl and pour them over the cooked chorizo. Stir constantly until the eggs are scrambled into the meat - should only take 1-2 min.
- Add the mixture to warm tortillas, top with diced onion and cilantro.
SHOP THE POST