Jump to recipe
Caprese Salad, but UP-LEVELEDðŸ‘ðŸ¼ðŸ†ðŸ¥©
I visited my grandmother when I was back in Louisiana last, and I got to forage her vegetable garden for all the fresh tomatoes and cucumbers. I used them all last week in salads, on toast, and sautÃ©ed on the skillet with my fried eggs in the morning. Fresh tomatoes are elite!ðŸ…
With the last bit of them I made this up-leveled Caprese salad. So easy to throw together and so darn fresh and flavorful. You guys have to try it!
- Steak of choice
- Fresh mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil
- Balsamic vinaigrette
- Good quality olive oil
- Salt & black pepper
- Cook the steak how you like. For medium rare, I pat the meat dry, seasoned with salt on both sides, and seared in a dash of grass fed butter on a skillet for 4 minutes per side.
- Let the steak rest for 5 minutes then slice into half inch pieces.
- Prep the rest of your ingredients. Remove stems from basil. Slice tomatoes and mozzarella into half inch pieces.
- Time to layer - add a tomato slice, basil leaf, mozzarella slice, piece of steak. Repeat the pattern until complete.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette, olive oil, and a pinch of black pepper to finish it off.
- Enjoy fresh and enjoy!