Jump to recipe
It’s SUMMATIMEEE and that means pool parties, weekends on the water, and all the refreshing, delicious recipes – especially this SHRIMP CEVICHE!
I love this recipe because it’s literally CHOP & EAT! It’s so fresh, crunchy, flavorful, and honestly so hard not to eat the whole bowl.
*NOTE: I used pre-cooked Red Argentinian Shrimp from Trader Joe’s for my recipe. If you are using fresh, raw shrimp for yours, that absolutely works too. You’ll just have to let it sit in the fridge for 2-3 hours prior to serving. The citrus juice “cooks” the shrimp, creating the classic ceviche flavor we all know and love.
Now, let’s make it!
- 16 oz peeled, deveined (precooked) Red Argentinian shrimp
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1 minced jalapeño, seeds removed
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced cucumbers
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced purple onion
- 1 diced small avocado
- Juice of 5 limes
- Pinch of salt & black pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients to a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Stir to combine all ingredients well.
- If using pre-cooked shrimp, chill in the fridge for 1 hour prior to serving.
- If you'd like to use raw shrimp, prepare the recipe as above and chill in the fridge for 2-3 hours upon serving. This will cause the citrus to "cook" the shrimp.
- Serve cold with chips of choice. Enjoy!