This recipe was a HIT when I made it for my Meal Prep clients. So much so, that it deserved a spot on the blog so you can dig into the deliciousness too!
This recipe is made vegetarian, BUT you can always get wild and add some shredded rotisserie chicken to it for additional protein. Next time I make it at home, that’s my game plan.
Let’s make your new favorite (I’m predicting it) PASTA!
Mediterranean Chickpea Orzo Skillet
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 16 oz orzo pasta
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 8 oz coconut milk
- 3 tbsp sun dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4 lemon slices
- 2-3 tbsp crumbled feta
- 1/3 cup black olives
- 2 tbsp fresh basil
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet and add drained, rinsed chickpeas. Stir and sauté 2 min.
- Add paprika, oregano, and salt and stir another 1-2 min to coat the chickpeas in the spices.
- Add the uncooked orzo pasta to the skillet along with the veggie broth and 1/2 can coconut milk (make sure to shake before you pour), and stir to combine.
- Lastly, add the sun dried tomatoes and spinach.
- That’s it! Stir it all up, reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook 20 min - stir half way.
- Once done, top with lemon juice, lemon slice, feta, black olives, and fresh basil.