A new and different way to switch up how you eat eggs! The texture rocks and these eggs could even be used as a “cheese” substitute in a salad if you are eliminating dairy.
Give it a try and let me know what you think, y’all!
- 1 slice sourdough bread
- 1/4 avocado, sliced thinly
- 1 egg
- 1 lemon slice
- Red pepper flakes
- Cheese grater
- Bring a small pot of water to a rolling boil. Drop in your egg and boil for 12 minutes. Drain the water and refill with cold water. Let the egg sit for 5 minutes.
- Remove the egg and lightly crack on all sides. Take your palm to the egg and roll it back and fourth a few times to loosen the shell from the boiled egg. This will make it easier to peel.
- Peel the egg and set aside.
- Toast the sourdough bread. Add the avocado slices to fill the toast. Top with a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Using a cheese grater on the small/smooth side, grate the boiled egg over the top of the avocado toast. Top with a pinch of salt and red pepper flakes and enjoy warm!