Jump to recipe
Level up your protein with this absolutely delicious Indian version of ground beef. The spices make the dish just perfection.
I’ve eaten this dish at restaurants several times where you scoop it with a bread (naan or pita), but I eat it “Pump&Crunch-style” over cauliflower rice and/or regular rice.
The flavor is out of this world. Hope you give it a try, SQRLS!
Beef Kheema (Indian Ground Beef with Peas) over Cauliflower Rice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 lb organic grass fed ground beef
- 16 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Fresh chopped cilantro for garnish
- Frozen cauliflower rice
- In a large skillet, warm olive oil over medium/high heat. Add white onion and cook until transparent. Add garlic and ginger paste and sauté another 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add in all spices except salt and pepper, stir, and cook 1 minute. It will be smelling goooooood.
- Add in the ground beef, break it up as much as possible, and cook until browned fully.
- Add in the tomatoes, salt, pepper, and 1/2 cup water. Stir well and bring to a bubbling simmer. Cook partially covered for 15 minutes.
- Add the frozen peas, stir, and cook another 5 minutes.
- Serve over rice, cauliflower rice, or with warm pita bread.