Jump to recipe
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tbsp squeeze ginger
- 3 oz shitake mushrooms, washed, stems removed, and sliced
- 1 head bok choy, washed, stem removed, and individual leaves pulled apart
- 2 cups chicken bone broth (or veggie broth if keeping it vegetarian)
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp Organic Better than Bouillon seasoned vegetable base
- 1/4 tsp salt
- ~3 oz organic ramen noodles (I used Hakubaku brand found at HEB grocery store in TX - One bunch noodles from the pack)
- 1 bunch green onions, green and white part sliced
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp sriracha
- *Option to add 1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken to the soup for additional protein
- To a medium pot, warm sesame oil over medium heat. Add garlic and ginger and cook 1 min until fragrant, stirring frequently.
- Add sliced shitake and bok choy leaves and stir into the garlic/ginger for 1 minute.
- Pour in the broth, water, vegetable bouillon, and salt. Stir well and bring to a bubbling simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the noodles and sliced green onions. Stir, reduce heat to medium/low, cover, and cook for 8 minutes.
- Serve warm and garnish with a jammy egg, fresh cilantro, sesame seeds, and sriracha for spice.