This will be hands down, the BEST salad you ever make at home. Bold statement to make, but so true. It’s soooo damn delicious. I can’t wait for y’all to try this one out.
It’s the perfect side dish to your next spring or summer meal. So fresh and epic. I’d recommend eating it the same day as preparation, due to the croutons not being as crispy as it soaks up the dressing.
Let’s make it!
The Best Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad w/ Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette
- THE SALAD:
- 1 lb bag brussels sprouts
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 slices sourdough bread (I used the ends)
- 3 stalks green onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- THE VINAIGRETTE:
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (approx 1 lemon)
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Shave the brussels sprouts - cut the root end off of each sprout, remove any rotten or dirty outer leaves, place the flat end down on your cutting board, and use a sharp knife to thinly slice.
- Add 2 tbsp to a large skillet and turn heat to medium/high.
- Add shaved brussels sprouts and 1/2 tsp each of salt & pepper.
- Use tongs to toss the brussels sprouts into the seasonings and oil. Cook, tossing frequently, for 5 minutes, until the brussels are lightly fried. Remove from the pan and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Chop sourdough slices into 1" bite-sized cubes.
- Using the same skillet, add 1 tbsp olive oil and turn the heat to high. Add sourdough cubes and 1/4 tsp salt and toss well. Toast the cubes in the oil for 5 minutes tossing frequently, to create crispy croutons. Remove from heat and add to the top of the brussels.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all vinaigrette ingredients.
- Add parmesan cheese, green onion, almonds, and viniagrette to the bowl with the brussels and croutons.
- Toss the salad and serve. Eat the same day as preparation for ultimate freshness.