Spaghetti O’s were my #1 favorite food as a kid! And this homemade version is just as good, y’all. So hearty, flavorful, and isn’t packed with the harmful ingredients that the canned version does. Get after it!
Healthy Homemade Spaghetti O's
- FOR THE SAUCE:
- 2 cups Anelletti Siciliani or Ditalini pasta
- 2 tbsp grass fed butter, or ghee
- 16 oz tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/3 cup non-fat, plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup beef bone broth, or beef broth
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- FOR THE MEATBALLS:
- 1 lb organic grass fed ground beef/bison
- 1/4 cup almond/oat/coconut flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning blend
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, strain, and set aside.
- Add meatball ingredients to a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Form tiny marble-sized meatballs with the meat mixture and set aside.
- In a saucepan, add butter, tomato sauce, tomato paste, greek yogurt, beef bone broth, and spices listed. Stir well and bring to a bubbling simmer over medium heat.
- Once the sauce is bubbling, pour in the tiny meatballs and carefully fold them into the sauce to avoid breaking them apart.
- Reduce the heat to medium/low, cover the pot, and cook 15 minutes.
- Add the cooked pasta into the sauce and meatballs, turn off the heat, fold in optional shredded parmesan cheese, and serve!