This recipe is totally a trend I’ve been seeing on TikTok and Instagram, and I now see why! It’s delicious.
If you need a switch-up from the way you normally eat salmon or are looking for some quick dinner inspiration, this recipe is for you.
It’s like sushi in a bowl! Check out this step-by-step video to watch how it’s made.
TikTok Trend Salmon & Rice Bowls
- 8 oz wild caught salmon filet
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Pinch sea salt
- 10 oz jasmine rice (cooked)
- 1.5 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp spicy mayo
- Avocado slices
- Seaweed sheets
- Sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper/foil.
- Place salmon on the parchment paper and pour sesame oil over the top.
- Brush the oil all over the fish to fully coat it. Add a pinch of salt to the top of the fish.
- Broil for 10 minutes.
- Cook jasmine rice according to package instructions.
- When salmon is done, remove from oven and transfer to a shallow dish (remove skin if necessary).
- Take a fork and mash up the salmon into "tuna fish" texture. Add the rice to the mashed salmon and mix together well.
- Top the mixture off with the soy sauce and spicy mayo. Mix well.
- Garnish with fresh avocado, seaweed sheets, and sesame seeds.