What’s better than a big bowl of hearty chicken noodle soup when it’s chilly out? Answer is nothing at all.
I’m a big soup girl. I love it year round. But it’s something special in the winter time.
This recipe was created for my meal prep clients but was delicious enough, it deserves a spot on the website! It’s been requested back to the menu a few times AND you guys asked me to write out the recipe/make a video for it.
Click here for an easy step-by-step video and follow the instructions below for how to make this bad boy. EPIC-LLY DELICIOUS.
Lemon Herb Chunky Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped into circles
- 2 cups potatoes
- 3 chicken breasts/4-5 chicken thighs
- 1 large handful of fresh, chopped kale
- 8 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 12 oz bag gluten free, brown rice pasta
- Add olive oil, onion, garlic, celery, carrots, chicken breasts, kale, broth, spices, lemon juice, and fresh herbs to a pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium, cover, and cook about 20 minutes, or until chicken begins to fall apart.
- Taste your broth at this point to see if you need additional spices.
- Remove chicken from pot and shred with two forks. Add back to the pot along with the raw pasta.
- Cook on medium heat for 8-10 minutes, or until pasta is tender.
- Remove herb stems, serve, and enjoy!