Who doesn’t love breakfast made in 5 minutes? Not I! I came up with this one on a whim just throwing some things together in a pan and it came out so awesome that I had to share.
The tortillas I use are Siete Almond Flour tortillas. They’re grain free, gluten free, and clean as a whistle ingredients. I love all of their products. Before using, make sure to pop them in the microwave for 10-15 seconds.
Any tortilla would work just as well for the recipe. Use that you prefer! Same goes for the ingredients. I used what I had on hand – breakfast sausage, spinach, and eggs. If you have other ingredients you’d like to toss in like cheese, additional veggies, chicken, etc., go for it! Get creative.
- 1/4 cup protein of choice (I used ground breakfast sausage)
- Small handful of spinach
- 2 eggs
- 2 tortillas
- Avocado oil mayo (*optional)
- Nonstick spray/butter
- Hot sauce/salsa for dipping
- Cook protein of choice - I used pre-browned breakfast sausage.
- Add protein to a skillet and top with small handful of spinach. Sauté 1-2 minutes to wilt the spinach.
- Crack eggs over the top of your pile. Pop the yolks and use a small spatula to move the eggs into the other ingredients form a circle in the pan. Let cook for 2 minutes to slightly solidify the egg.
- Coat one tortilla with avocado oil mayo and set aside.
- Place the other tortilla on top of the circular ingredients in the pan and press down.
- Flip the entire circle over so the tortilla is now faced down on the pan.
- Add the mayo tortilla to the ingredient side of your quesadilla.
- Cook each side for 2 minutes to crisp up the tortillas.
- Remove from the skillet, slice, dip in hot sauce, and enjoy!