Jump to recipe
- 1 lb organic grass fed ground beef
- 2 17 oz boxes of @kettleandfire bone broth (code PUMPANDCRUNCH for 20% off)
- 1 cup whole wheat orzo pasta
- 1 white onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 sweet potato
- 1/2 cup French style green beans
- 1/2 zucchini
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1 can low sodium black beans
- Spices: ~1/2 tsp of each salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano, cumin, pumpkin pie spice, red pepper flakes.
- Thinly slice white onion and add to a pot with 1 tbsp of olive oil. Sauté over medium heat about 5 minutes, until onions are soft and caramelized.
- Peel and mince garlic then add to the pan with the onion. Stir and cook another 2-3 min, until fragrant.
- Add ground beef and all spices. Brown fully into the vegetables.
- Chop sweet potato and green beans into bite sized pieces and add to the pot of meat. Stir and cook over medium heat, about 10 minutes.
- Chop red bell pepper and zucchini into bite sized pieces and add to the pot.
- Once all the veggies are in the pot, add the dry orzo pasta and all broth.
- Bring to a boil then reduce the heat to medium/low, cover, and cook about 20 minutes.
- When noodles are cooked and soup has thickened, add drained/rinsed can of black beans and continue cooking about 5 more min.
- Season to taste and enjoy!