Jump to recipe
- 1 white onion, sliced thinly
- 3 leeks, ends removed and sliced thinly
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb andouille sausage links, chopped
- 1.5 lbs potatoes, roughly chopped
- 6-8 cups low sodium chicken broth
- Prepare all vegetables and add to a large pot along with 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- As shown in the video, sauté until the onions, leaks, and garlic are transparent, should take about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add in the andouille sausage, and brown into the onions for about five minutes over medium heat.
- Next, add in the potatoes and chicken broth, stir, cover, and simmer for about 45 minutes or medium heat.
- Once the potatoes are falling apart and super soft, blend up about half the soup. I used a handheld immersion blender. If you don’t have access to one of those, no worries, transfer half of your soup to a blender, blend it, and return back to the rest of the soup.