Jump to recipe
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup white onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1/3 cup carrot, diced
- 1 leek, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh french style green beans, chopped
- 1/2 cup sweet potatoes, diced
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups kale, stems removed and chopped
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup dry quinoa
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- To a large pot, add olive oil, onion, celery, carrot, and leek, and sauté over medium heat for 5-7 minutes, until the vegetables are softened.
- Next, add green beans, sweet potatoes, and vegetable broth. Cover the pot and bring to a simmer over medium heat (simmer = bubbling), for 10 minutes.
- Next, add fresh kale and wilt into the warm broth, about 5 minutes.
- Next add lemon juice, dry quinoa, cannellini beans, and all spices.
- Cover and simmer 45 min on medium/low heat.