Jump to recipe
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 purple onion, diced
- 1/2 lb ground chorizo
- 1 cup shredded hash browns
- 4 eggs
- Fresh avocado, cilantro, and lime juice for garnish
- Add olive oil and purple onion to a medium sized skillet and sauté over medium heat for 5 minutes, until onion is softened.
- Add ground chorizo sausage and use the back of a wooden spatula to ground up the meat until fully cooked.
- Add shredded hash browns and stir into the meat mixture. Let the mixture cook over medium heat for 10 min, stirring every few minutes.
- Crack eggs in a small bowl and beat with a fork.
- Create a “pool” in the middle of the scramble and pour in the eggs.
- Use a wooden spatula and scramble the eggs in the center of the chorizo/hash brown mixture.
- Mix everything together and once the eggs are cooked.
- Garnish with fresh avocado, cilantro, and lime juice.