Jump to recipe
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 1/2 lb chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 16oz can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large head of broccoli, chopped into small florets
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Poke holes into the spaghetti squash with a fork and place into the microwave. Cook for 4 minutes - this helps to soften the squash.
- Cut the squash in half with lengthwise and place faced-down into a shallow dish filled 1/4 way with water.
- Microwave another 15 minutes. Once done, pierce the skin with a fork. If it easily punctures all the way through, your squash is done. Depending on the size, you may need a few more minutes if it's not cooked by this point.
- Once squash is cooked, use a spoon and remove the seeds from the squash.
- Use a fork and shred the squash with a fork to make “spaghetti”, then transfer to an oven-safe baking dish.
- Chop up 4 raw, chicken thighs into bite sized pieces and add to a medium mixing bowl.
- Add in olive oil, minced garlic, and all spices and marinade in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Add marinaded chicken, broccoli, and cannellini beans to the spaghetti squash and toss together well.
- Bake casserole @ 400F for 35-40min.