Jump to recipe
- 3 stalks fresh kale, stem removed and roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 lb ground chicken
- 1/2 lb ground pork
- 4 stalks scallions chopped (both the green and white)
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- Fresh mint for garnish
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- Remove kale from stems and roughly chop.
- Sauté over medium/high heat in 1 tbsp olive oil to crisp on all sides, about 5 min. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, brown ground chicken and pork in 1 tbsp olive oil until cooked through.
- Add chopped scallions and minced garlic to the meat and sauté about 5 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, honey, and fish sauce. Stir and cook 2-3 more minutes.
- Add kale, stir to combine, and set aside.
- Marinade (coat and soak) thinly sliced cucumbers and red onions in rice vinegar for 30 min out on the counter while everything is cooking.
- Serve ground meat over jasmine rice, top with marinated veggies, pour leftover vinegar over the rice, and garnish with fresh mint.