Jump to recipe
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 diced white onion
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 6oz plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 3 chicken breasts
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- In a large pot, sauté white onion in 1 tbsp olive oil until transparent, about 5 min.
- Add garlic and ginger paste to the onions and sauté another 1-2 min stirring constantly, until very fragrant.
- Stir in all spices and combine well into the vegetables.
- Once combined, add crushed tomatoes, Greek yogurt, and almond milk.
- Cover and let sauce simmer on low heat for 30 minutes.
- Chop chicken breasts into bite sized pieces and add to the simmering broth.
- Cover and let chicken cook in the sauce, about 10 minutes.
- Serve over rice and top with more Greek yogurt and/or fresh cilantro.