Jump to recipe
I’m an absolute fan of any dish with a delicious sauce. And this one is a total winner. Today, we swapped out peanut butter for almond butter to make a lightened-up version of a Chinese-takeout “peanut sauce”. This salad is served cold with the sauce, but the sauce would be just as delicious poured over your favorite stir fry as well. Very versatile and simple to make! Let’s get cooking!
Cold Asian Noodle Salad with Almond Butter Sauce
- 8 oz organic brown rice noodles
- 1 cup matchstix carrots
- 1 cup diced cucumber (seeds removed)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Toppings: chopped green onions, cilantro, red pepper flakes, and chopped almonds
- Cook noodles according to package instructions. Once done, drain and place in the fridge to cool.
- Prepare all vegetables and add to a large mixing bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine almond butter, lime juice, soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey sesame oil, and all spices. Sauce should be thick, but still able to drizzle.
- Add sauce and noodles to the large bowl of prepared veggies. Use tongs and toss the cold salad together.
- Serve cold and garnish with preferred toppings.