Jump to recipe
Delicious, flavorful meatballs, but let’s take it to the next level and stuff them with cheese. Yes PLZ! Also, this recipe basically takes only 5 minutes of your time, the oven does the rest! Let’s get cooking!
Cheesy Stuffed Baked Meatballs
- 2 lbs lean, ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp red peper flakes
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- Small block of cheddar cheese
- 16 oz jar of marinara sauce
- In a large mixing bowl, combine chicken, egg, flour, and all spices well.
- Form into 1.5" balls and place one half inch cube of cheese inside the meatball. Make sure all sides of the cheese are covered.
- Line meatballs on an oven-safe baking dish.
- Pour entire jar of marinara sauce over the meatballs, ensuring they are all coated.
- Bake at 400F for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve warm to ensure melty, cheesy, goodness.