Jump to recipe
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 cup diced purple onion
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- 1/3 cup Hoisin sauce
- Romaine lettuce cups
- Optional toppings: shredded carrots and purple cabbage
- Add sesame oil and purple onion to a skillet and sauté over medium heat until onion is transparent, about 5 minutes.
- Add ginger and garlic, and cook another 2 minutes, stirring constantly to avoid burning.
- Add ground chicken and brown fully into the vegetables, about 10 minutes.
- Stir hoisin sauce into the chicken mixture and simmer 3-5 more minutes to combine flavors.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve over lettuce cups and top with shredded carrots and purple cabbage.