Spaghetti, but lighten it up by sneaking in some veggies and make it TEX-MEX! I’m a pasta-lover, but don’t always want the heavy feeling pasta gives you after chowing down. So my idea for this recipe was to remove half the pasta and replace it with some spaghetti squash! You barely even taste the difference. Let’s get cooking!
- 1 small spaghetti squash
- 8 oz spaghetti noodles
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 1/2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 16 oz can corn, drained
- 1/2 cup salsa
- Cook spaghetti squash - cut in half, remove seeds, place on a baking sheet face down, fill sheet 2/3 with water, bake @ 350F for 45min-1 hour, let cool, shred with fork.
- Cook some spaghetti of choice.
- Brown ground turkey in a skillet over medium heat and season with 1 tbsp of taco seasoning.
- Mix together corn, salsa, ground turkey, spaghetti squash, spaghetti, and other 1/2 tbsp of taco seasoning in a bowl.
- Serve warm and enjoy!