You’re looking at my all time favorite breakfast meal, right here! I eat one of these breakfast scramble bowls 2-3 mornings each week. They’re so delicious, versatile, and pretty quick to throw together.
It also reheats nicely! Pop it in the microwave for 90 seconds straight from the fridge and it’s just as fresh as when prepared.
I prep mine on Monday evenings, and eat them Tuesday/Wednesday mornings for an early breakfast at work. Let’s get cooking!
Pump&Crunch Breakfast Scramble
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup purple onion, diced
- 3 links chicken sausage, sliced
- 5 eggs
- 1 tbsp cajun seasoning (or whatever spice blend you like)
- Dice onion and add to a nonstick skillet with 1 tbsp olive oil. Heat to medium and sauté about 5 minutes, until onions become transparent.
- Next, dice sweet potato. Add to the onions. Cover and cook 10 minutes.
- Next, slice your sausage links to a shape of your preference. Add to the sweet potatoes/onion and cook uncovered another 5-8 minutes, until sausage is crispy and potatoes are completely cooked through.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- *This is a layering recipe - adding one ingredient at a time as you prep it! Onion - potato - sausage - and finally the last step...
- Crack eggs into a small bowl and whisk together with a pinch of cajun seasoning. Scramble eggs in the nonstick skillet and remove from heat.
- Combine the eggs into the vegetable/sausage mix, top with green onions, and enjoy!