Take the normal burger we all know and love, toss the bun, and you’ve still got a classic, delicious meal, but without any guilt! Don’t get me wrong, I love a juicy burger on a yummy bun, but this burger bowl is just as satisfying. Get creative with yours – have fun! Today I put my patty on a bed of lettuce with sliced tomatoes, pickles, and ketchup, but the options are endless. Enjoy!
- 1 lb lean, ground meat
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- romaine lettuce, roughly chopped
- tomatoes, sliced
- other toppings of choice
- In a mixing bowl, add meat, spices, egg, and cheese and mix well. Form into half pound patties and line on a plate.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat, and cook the burgers about 10 minutes per side.
- Layer burger bowl by placing lettuce on the bottom, tomato and pickles, then the burger patty over the top.
- Get creative and have fun!