Jump to recipe
If you’re a huge fan of ordering spring rolls from a restaurant like I am, this recipe is one you absolutely need to try out. This Spring Roll in a Bowl is so flavorful, delicious, and easy to throw together, you won’t want to pass it up. I made this for my meal prep clients to eat cold, straight out of the fridge, and came out perfect. A great meal prep idea that doesn’t even require a microwave! Let’s make it!
- sesame oil
- chicken breasts
- vermicelli rice noodles
- shredded carrots
- romaine lettuce
- shopped peanuts or cashews
- sweet chili sauce for spring rolls
- lime wedge
- (*ingredient size varies according to how many portions you are making)
- Heat a tablespoon of sesame oil in a skillet on medium/high heat. Once hot, add chicken breast(s) to the pan and cook about 6-8 minutes per side to cool fully through. Only flip once per side. Once done, remove from skillet and let cool.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a rolling boil. Once boiling, turn heat completely off and add a package of vermicelli rice noodles to the water. Separate the noodles with a fork and soak in the hot water for 15 minutes. Once done, strain, add to a separate bowl, and set aside.
- Once chicken is cooled, transfer it to a chopping board and thinly slice the chicken into small 1" slices.
- Also thinly slice cucumber into small 2" strips (to mimic the shredded carrots) and chop the romaine lettuce up into small, bite-sized pieces.
- Assemble the spring roll bowls by layering the cool ingredients first - romaine, carrots, cucumbers, and chopped nuts.
- Next, add the vermicelli rice noodles to the other side of the plate/bowl and top with the chicken.
- Drizzle the sweet chili sauce over the top and garnish with a lime wedge.