Slow cookers are the best. They require no cooking skills, because they do all the work for you! And what’s better than coming home from a busy day of work and errands to a decadent, flavorful meal hot and ready to plate? Nothing, my friends. Nothing. And bonus… this pot roast recipe is literally only 6 ingredients. Next level! Let get cooking!
- 2.5 lb chuck roast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp cajun seasoning blend
- 2 cups mini carrots
- 2 cups chopped potatoes
- 2 cups chopped butternut squash (*optional)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Fully coat raw chuck roast on all sides with cajun seasoning.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan, and when very hot, add the roast and brown heavily on all sides (about 4 min per side).
- Add raw carrots, potatoes, and squash to the bottom of the slow cooker pot, along with the rest of the seasoning.
- Place the roast on top the bed of veggies and pour over the chicken breast.
- Cover and cook on high for 6-8 hours or low for 8-10 hours, or until the meat is falling apart.
- Serve over mashed potatoes/cauliflower or brown rice. Enjoy!