Jump to recipe
The perfect appetizer or side dish that’s LOADED with flavor and totally versatile. These smashed mini potatoes are fun to make and allow you to get creative. I topped mine with what I had on hand in the fridge – bacon bits, green onions, and goat cheese. But you can explore whatever you’ve got as well! I’d also recommend shredded cheese, jalapeo peppers to spice it up, chives, sour cream, etc. Anything goes!
- 1.5 lb bag baby potato medley
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Bacon bits, green onions, and goat cheese for toppings
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil.
- Boil baby potatoes for 10 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Drain and transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Toss in olive oil, salt, black pepper, and garlic powder.
- Take a flat-bottomed cup and smash each mini potato until flat and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add your toppings.
- Serve as a side dish or with toothpicks as an appetizer.