Jump to recipe
Hamburger Helper – A recipe we 90s kids will never forget and is the ultimate comfort food. My recipe is packed with protein, made with clean ingredients, and tastes INCREDIBLE. I just know you’ll love it!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1 lb organic grass fed ground beef or bison
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 4 cups low sodium beef broth
- 12 oz gluten free pasta (brown rice, lentil, chickpea)
- optional shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat and add olive oil. Once warm, add diced onion and cook until softened and transparent.
- Add ground meat, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika and cook until browned fully. Break up the chunks as much as possible with a spatula or meat masher.
- Once browned, add tomato paste and combine all ingredients well, stirring constantly for 1-2 minutes.
- Add broth and pasta and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover the pot, and cook 15-20 minutes. Stir every few minutes to rotate the noodles.
- Once the liquid is absorbed into the pasta and the pasta is cooked through, you're done!
- Season to taste, top with optional cheese, and ENJOY!