Jump to recipe
- 2 delicata squash
- Olive oil spray
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb ground bison (or beef)
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 1 can drained, rinsed garbanzo beans
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup salted pumpkin seeds
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Cut squash lengthwise in half, remove and discard seeds.
- Coat with olive oil spray and add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place on a baking sheet, cut side down and bake for 15-20 minutes, until tender. Remove from oven, set aside.
- In a pan, add olive oil, ground bison, and a hefty pinch of salt and black pepper. Cook over medium heat until meat is browned fully.
- Add chopped spinach and stir into the bison to wilt down.
- Add drained, rinsed garbanzo beans and stir into the mixture. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn off the heat and toss in cranberries and pumpkin seeds.
- Spoon mixture into the squash boats, top with chopped fresh parsley and serve!