Jump to recipe
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced white onion
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups diced butternut squash (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Turn Instant Pot to the "Sauté" function, to act as a stovetop.
- Add olive oil and onions, and cook until softened and transparent, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and continue to sauté for 2 more minutes.
- Add the dry rice and stir to coat in the onions, garlic, and oil.
- Add the white wine and stir until most of it absorbs into the rice, about 2-3 minutes.
- Finally, add in the broth, butternut squash, and seasonings, stir, and turn off the sauté function.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and lock into place. Make sure the pressure valve is closed.
- Cook on high pressure for 6 minutes. Once done, manually release the pressure valve and remove the lid.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese and let sit for 5-10 minutes to let the dish thicken.
- Serve and garnish with more parmesan and fresh chopped parsley.